12/23/21

Commune

Communicate

Keys clanging

Chain breaks

That lanyard I made fell off, with name spelled backward in beaded craft

I thought I knew


Thought i remembered the time when I was zealous with compassion

When passion emboldened me

Or did i confuse it with brazen confusion

Louder than my nighttime thoughts

REM stringing obscure chord progressions that leave me uneasy


Headache awakens me, while I seek my escape yet again

Scrolling to type to react

I turned off my notifications

So many things, tasks, to-do

Speaking of rest but a full night’s rest leave me longing


Thirsty yet i neglect the stream

Louder than my dreamstate

I sit in silence

Attempting connection

Communicating

Loudest in cyberspace 


I thought I knew how to listen

The stillness would have told me

The steady would have reminded me


It seems i have forgotten


Comments

Popular Posts