forgetful bother

Commune

Communicate

keys clanging

chains breaking

that lanyard I made fell off, with my name spelled backward with beaded craft.


I thought I knew


thought I remembered the time when I was zealous with compassion,

when passion emboldened me--

or did I confuse it with brazen confusion?

Louder than my nighttime thoughts

REM stringing together obscure chord progressions that un-ease me,


headache awakens me, while I seek my escape yet again

scrolling to type to react.

I turned off my notifications.


so many things, tasks, to-do


resting but a full night’s rest leaves me longing,

thirsty, yet I neglect the stream.

Louder than my dream state,

I sit in silence,

attempting connection

communicating

loudest in cyberspace 


I thought I knew how to listen

The stillness would have told me

The steady would have reminded me


It seems I have forgotten.



Comments

Popular Posts